Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Book Blogging "Theme"

Hello guys!

If you have been with us for a while, you would know that we used to do "ranks", but now we have some reasons to quit using them and start a new idea/theme that we are super excited to introduce to you. Nicole is a big-time Goodreads user and loves to post her reviews to Goodreads as well as our blog. Unfortunately, reviewing on Goodreads is hard to do when they don't let you color-code (OCD issues) and change text size so Nicole was the first to stop that. I however have COMPLETELY different reasons why I can't do ranks.

I have decided to try out a new technique for our blog. There are many different book blogs out there and I have been thinking a lot about how since Nicole and I don't have enough time to make it as fantastic as we wish it would be. SOO, to make our blog more special than all the other ones I have devised a different type of book reviews:

1). The Usual
This is the average book review where we'll give some likes/dislikes. Like the previous reviews, we'll do a quick "Final Rank" and will do a brief summary of why.

2). Book+Movie
Nicole and I both love movies and we often try to watch some interesting movies together. Nicole thought up of having a review about the book as well as a short review of the movie version, comparing it to the book and which one we thought was better.

3). Review+Journal
I was super excited when I thought of this one. I'm going to do a short/brief journal in the beginning of the review to show my reaction. I will only do reactions because I don't want to spoil anything for you guys. I'll do page numbers of where I stopped/got reaction and will record a short bit of information on my reaction.

4). Comparing
Nicole or I will be comparing two books that we find similar and basically just compare them. We'll do a "showdown" and the book that wins will get... better reviews? 

That's all me and Nicole have thought of so far and this is also on our "Book Review" tab where you can get some information about the memes and etc. We'll update it when we get new ideas for different type of book reviews. Feel free to use our ideas and comment if you think of a new type of book review! Remember to Subscribe as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment