Friday, December 21, 2012

BATCH (4)

Recap: BATCH is a meme created by Sarah. It is about anything cover-related. This week, we would like to introduce:

Books That We Read Because of Their Covers + the Results

Nicole's Thoughts:

Okay, so looking back, I realized that this cover wasn't as amazing as I remembered it to be. However, it has that simple look to it which I still like.

But anyways, the story is that I picked North of Beautiful up at Barnes & Noble. The reason why I did that was because it looked like the cover of Evermore by Alyson Noel (which I used to really like, but recently realized I hate it)

Of course, I didn't buy the book at Barnes & Noble. I have this weird habit of buying books I've read and liked. That's why my bookshelf is full of my most absolute favorites. But I couldn't help but check out North of Beautiful at the library, expecting to like it as much as I (used) to like Evermore, its cover twin.

I was wrong to expect that. Firstly, the book wasn't bad, but it didn't interest me at all. I thought I'd really love it, but it turned out to be quite boring. I started skimming the last half and flipping ahead for more captivating parts. The interesting part never came.

Nowadays, I don't remember much of the book, so I might give it a second try later on. But for now, I remember it as the book I read because of its cover.

So, that's the cover we wanted to introduce this week! What books have you read because of their covers? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment