Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best YA Books of 2012

Okay, so I know this post is kind of late. Originally, it was due before Christmas, but because of the holidays, it was pushed back to until now. And I know me and Sarah haven't been posting a lot lately, but we'll be back in 2013 with awesome new posts! For now, posts will come about once or twice a week until we adjust to the new schedule in January...2013 (can you believe the year's almost over?)! 
This illustration belongs to chibird of chibird.tumblr.com.

But anyways, I'm here to list my top favorite books of 2012! And trust me, a lot of good books have shown up this year. YA book covers just keep getting better and better...


 Everneath by Brodi Ashton

I know Sarah has reviewed this one recently, but I read this one way back in January 2012 and I literally fell in love with it. The cover is absolutely gorgeous (though in Sarah's BATCH, she has mentioned the legs look weird & I cannot see it in the same way again), the plot is heartbreakingly beautiful and Jack/Cole. Plus, it's fast paced and keeps your attention. It's perfect for a rainy day read. I've re-read Everneath over and over, but I never get tired of it. If only the sequel, Everbound, will come out earlier....(counting down: about 23 more days!)







Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I admit, though Insurgent isn't as good as Divergent, I have a soft spot for it. And standing alone, it is a fantastic book, which is why I thought it deserved a spot on the list. Tris was still an entertaining character to read about, even if she grew slightly weaker. Tobias started to show more of his personality, which I enjoyed. The ending -- that cliffhanger-- really killed me though. I need the last book in the trilogy now!









Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Yup, you've all seen my review on this book and you probably saw my WoW post for its sequel, Unbreakable, AND OHMYGOSH YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK NOW AND BUY IT AT THE BOOKSTORE AND LOOK AT ITS BEAUTIFUL COVER. That is how awesome it is; it deserves to be read! Janelle is such a strong main character who isn't weak at all; Ben may be in the running for "Best YA Boyfriend" against Jack of Everneath. And even though in my review, it is a four 1/2 stars, it is 5 stars in my heart. And if the sequel won't come out any sooner, I might go crazy. Plus, the cover of Unraveling doesn't hurt either.(:







What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

Okay, so I know my review for this never appeared on Umbrella Dreams, but it will..sometime in January. I know I'm kind of behind schedule, but I've read the whole book from cover to cover so can I just put it on this list because it's so wonderfully amazingly beautiful? In one sentence to describe this book: What's Left of Me is a story with an amazing cover and an even better story that involves two souls in one body and it is the story of Eva, a girl I'd like to have as my best friend if she came to life outside of the book.






Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Technically, this was released in November 2011, but I read it in early January, so I'll put this on here. Shatter Me is one of those really good books that you make you feel like you're living in them. There's a lot of good action and Warner (the villain) is a really 3-D creepy antagonist. Shatter Me is up there with Divergent and Insurgent for best dystopian book of the year. 





Yup! So that's it! There's my list of best 2012 reads. Hopefully in 2013, there will be even more great YA books!


No comments:

Post a Comment